Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Found a runner

We'll cut right to the chase, I've got somewhere to be.

SuspendedSerenity: Now, keep in mind, the device is only theorized to disrupt the creature's vision this way. There could be something we're missing entirely.

It's a real 'black box' scenario. We know what it does and how to use it, but we don't know exactly how it works or how to make another one. He may have left notes, but those will probably be at the other safehouse, and I can't guarantee whether or not I'll understand what I'm looking at. Let's just say I failed my High School Physics class at one point. When I leave to set myself up at the other safehouse, I'll look around. No guarantees, though.

I know that's not enough for you to go on, but he built it a specific way and told us to never mess with it after he figured out what worked, and most of my organization never bothered to work out the science behind it themselves. In other words, I've got nothing for you right now.

Sorry I can't be more help, but my mind is in another time and place(figuratively) at the moment.

coreypt002: What do you think? I know about it, and I believe in it. My options are limited, so I will go with the obvious solution. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the good of others, but only after anyone else who knows about it is gone.  and too many believe running is the answer, so as much as I hate it, it's a necessary evil.


Now, I have a lead on a runner in my area. I'm heading out. Twenty years old, seems to have been on the move for a while. Easy pickings.

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Well I wasn't expecting this to be an easy from the start, and at least you're looking. Why, exactly would one of your organization's scientists not share or run this useful device by others, and why are they now unavailable...I'm presuming it got them somehow maybe after the month was up but with groups like yours its hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's what I suspected. A trooper to the last. Good luck, then.
    From, a friend.

    ReplyDelete